Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Relax.

So I have been wanting to start a blog and keep up with it for a long time now... But I had no extra time or energy for the past few months. I'm sorry to say it, but that's just how it was. I can't change it now, but I can change my "plan of action" for this blog. For instance, today I would like to talk about the present. 
I spend a lot of time wishing things could have gone differently. I wish I had hung out with my friends more this past year. I wish I had gone to every marching band practice in the fall. I wish I had stayed in AP biology, cause I truly enjoyed that class. I wish I hadn't missed a total of 35 days of school just this past semester... etc etc. All of these things I am disappointed with happened because I have migraines. And that is something I cannot change. Constantly wishing things had gone differently will change nothing. So why do I do it? Because I'm human. I can't be hyper rational like Bones (the TV character) is. Even a genius like herself has moments where she has irrational emotions. It's just part of being human. The fact that I have migraines is just a reminder that I am human. 
Everybody has their own reminders that make them feel incomplete or insufficient. Mine just happens to be a physical omnipotent one. But just because I feel physical pain as a reminder doesn't make mine any bigger than someone else's. We all have moments when we feel we have failed. Some moments last minutes, seconds, and some last days, months, years... And not one is more important than another. We all struggle with life. It's easy to forget that I'm not alone in the struggle of life. Not many people understand exactly what I am going through, but they are truly empathetic to the feelings it creates. 
I guess what I'm trying to say is no matter what your struggle is, you are not alone. If you are physically alone as in the only person in a room, you still are not completely alone. God is always there with you, just waiting there with his shoulder open for you. He is waiting for you to relinquish your self control to cry on his shoulder. Have you ever noticed how crying by yourself isn't quite as healing as crying with someone you love? The same thing happens when you cry with God. It's easy to forget this because we are so involved in our own lives that we don't stop to look up and see God there waiting for us. Try taking a moment right now. Just feel God's presence with you, and then completely relax your body, head to toe. Relax yourself into God's embrace.
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
Love always,
Sierra

No comments: